Welcome to the Habitable Exomusics overview site.
The Final Public Presentation took place Tuesday August 25th 2015, 4pm-6.30pm, at RMC. It consisted of a concert with Kinetics and a lecture – both open to the public. A video of the presentation might later be published, if its color qualities etc. are right.
The Habitable Exomusics project started in December 2013 and contains:
The Three albums are:
I: Kinetics (the Path) – Habitable Exomusics volume I. … ILK244CD. Jacob Anderskov, piano – Adam Pultz Melbye, bass – Anders Vestergaard, drums. Recorded in The Village, Copenhagen, January 2015. All music composed by Jacob Anderskov. JA_Kinetics_Pressrelease_UK // JA_Kinetics_Pressrelease_DK. Release date June 26th, 2015.
II: Statics (the Map) – Habitable Exomusics volume II. … ILK245CD. Jacob Anderskov, piano solo. All music by Jacob Anderskov. Recorded in Rainbow Studio, Oslo, December 2014. JA_Statics_Pressrelease_UK // JA_Statics_Pressrelease_DK. Release date August 21st, 2015.
III: Dynamics (the Terrain) – Habitable Exomusics volume III
… ILK246CD. Jacob Anderskov – piano. Nils Davidsen – bass. Gerald Cleaver – drums. Recorded in Rainbow Studio, Oslo, May 2015. All music by Anderskov, Davidsen & Cleaver. JA_Dynamics_Pressrelease_UK // JA_Dynamics_Pressrelease_DK. Release date September 25th, 2015.
* A BLOG, continuously updated. [LINK to BLOG]
– One of the main places to look for the general disseminations of what was going on in the project. The blog is partly in Danish, some of it is in English, more to be published and/or translated to English – stay tuned. The blog contains reflections on the music, the processes and the results.
[Jacob Anderskov’s KINETICS: “Pull-Up”, live 2014].
[Jacob Anderskov’s KINETICS: “Cous Cous”, live 2014].
[Jacob Anderskov’s KINETICS: “Tse Tse”, live 2014].
[Jacob Anderskov’s KINETICS: “Snap, Pans”, live 2014].
[Laura Toxværd + Jacob Anderskov “PhoneBook”, Live @ Literaturhaus Cph, December 2014]
Interview videos: (in Danish/ på dansk)
[Habitable Exomusics/ Kinetics interview, Niels Christian Cederberg, DRK, Juli 2014. På dansk / In Danish]
[Short video in Danish on Habitable Exomusics in Concert, july 2014]
Audio from the Habitable Exomusics Trilogy albums – plus selected extra material
* Concerts in many cities and countries, including Copenhagen, Aalborg, Lemvig, Gentofte, Hillerød, Ballerup, Ishøj, Esbjerg, Oslo, Beograd, Karagujevac, Indija, Edinburgh, Nuuk, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Groningen, Århus, Bremen.
* A collection of INTERVIEWS with a number of leading international improvisors: INTERVIEWS_HabExo_PDF_150812.
* Habitable Exomusics Analysis, a theoretical text with musical analysis and disseminations of selected parts of the artistic output in the project. Pdf, 65 pages, in English; HAB_EXO-Analysis_pdf_150810.
* Presentations & lectures at RMC (general Artistic Research presentations as well as theoretical “Habitable Procedures” dissemination/analysis), and at Filmskolen, Artlab, Syddansk Musikkonservatorium, DKDM, etc.
Squares – UTM I _ Exercise Sketch
Rounds – UTM II – Exercise Sketch
Stars – UTM III _ Exercise Sketch
(The recorded composition “Rat Star” (above) was originally a second part of the “Stars – Un Tempered Metronome III” piece.)
* New pieces of music created by improvisation,
– a fraction of which are included on the trilogy albums. Se audio links above.